Download Windows 8 Test Version
“Windows 8 Evaluation for Developers” Test Version Available for Download
If you are curious about Microsoft’s new operating system Windows8, you can now download Windows 8 beta 90 days trail version. The “Windows 8 test version evaluation for developers” is available at Microsoft Developers Network, according to Microsoft
“it is intended for developers building Windows 8 apps and IT professionals interested in trying Windows 8 Enterprise on behalf of their organization.”
Before downloading Microsoft Windows 8 test version you might need to know certain details such as Microsoft is not providing any sort of technical support for the trail version, beside this some of the most prominent details regarding Windows 8 trial version are listed below:
Things to Know Before You Start
- The evaluation edition will expire and cannot be upgraded.
- To upgrade, the evaluation must be uninstalled and a non-evaluation version of Windows must be re-installed from your original installation media.
- Consider running the evaluation edition in a virtual environment or installing on a separate hard drive or partition. The will allow you to upgrade to Windows 8.
- During registration (required) you must login with a Microsoft account and provide your name, e-mail address and country.
- You are required to activate the product online within 10 days after installing.
- Once the evaluation is installed, you cannot upgrade. To revert to a previous version of Windows, you must do a clean install from your original installation media.
Activation and Usage Guidelines
- Back up your files and settings before installing this evaluation and again prior to the 90-day expiration.
- Upon installation, you will have 10 days to activate this evaluation online. Windows will prompt you to activate. A product key is not required for this software.
- You must complete activation before August 15, 2013, to use this evaluation.
- Once you activate, you have up to 90 days to use the software. You can track the amount of time you have left by referring to the “watermark” in the lower right corner of the Windows desktop.
- If you fail to activate this evaluation within the 10-day grace period, or if your evaluation period expires, the desktop background will turn black, you will see a persistent desktop notification indicating that the system is not genuine, and the PC will shut down every hour losing unsaved work.
- Following the evaluation period, you will need to replace the operating system on your test computer and reinstall all your programs and data. It is not possible to upgrade the evaluation to a licensed working version of Windows 8. A clean installation is required.